Click on the Newsletter tab and then click on NL October 2017.
Maggie Judd is missing her Blue Ribbon for “Best Binding”- if you happen to find a ribbon at the bottom of a bag that you don’t recognize- please let her know.
Congratulations to everyone who played a part in this very terrific show- from Ann and Dianne, Liz, Mary, Heather, Linda, Carrie to all who worked so hard to make this a spectacular yearly event!
Judy Lynn and Ann H for their Best in Shows– so well deserved.
Marianne Karp, the featured quilter of all times!
The kitchen- so ably run and the food was great!
The Raffle Baskets- thanks to Kim and Beverly- Incredible!!
Angie and Barbara- the White Elephant was packed as usual.! Great Job!
Generous donations to the Silent Auction.
Boutique- the place to meet new people!! Love it.
Comfort Quilts- so generous.
Broadstrokes- so talented!
Everywhere you looked- there was Bev Valle- Kitchen, white gloving- doing anything to help!
NOW- The Question::: Who will take the reigns for next year!
Kudos to the very talented members of MVQ!
Lots of excitement at last night’s meeting:
- New President- who was so efficient at keeping things on time! great Job, Liz!
- Many new members- Diane D. took them all under her loving wing!
- Extraordinary donations to Comfort Quilts and Raffle Baskets- Dianne K. took several trips with the little red wagon!
- Delicious sundaes from Cows Rock- Thanks Lyn! [Glad Maggie and I were seated in the back so got to be one of the first in line!] Ruth C and Sheila also know the benefits of last row seating!
- Absolutely stunning new Raffle Quilt- so many members should take credit!
- Show and Tell on a higher plane- great viewing!
- And then:Jane Hamel- Storyteller Extraordinaire – got me thinking I need to get to know the mailman better!
- Thanks to Ronni and her wonderful program and organizing skills!- Please someone step up to help her!!!
I applaud you all!! Pat Lucey
If you are a new member or a member who didn’t get to June meeting – please grab a piece of the green fabric and the printed instructions to make something for our December holiday gathering.
Also a reminder our charity donations that night at December meeting will be for Newborns In Need. So use these next 3 months to either make something- knitted or crocheted items, burp cloths, bibs, etc or purchase items like baby soaps, powders, lotions, wipes etc. or shop the clearance section of stores for little outfits Thank you. Any questions contact Gail Wozniak
The September Newsletter is now online. Go to the NEWSLETTER tab and Click on September 2017.
Send your membership form into Diane Desjardins before the September meeting so you don’t have to wait in line. As of today, only 70 members have renewed. We can do better than this.
Membership form can be found on the web/blog