“Bright Sunshiny Day”
- The theme is bright and sunshiny.
- A kit containing two fat quarters and a small embellishment will be mailed to anyone wanting to participate. Each kit will have the same fat quarters. Kits can be picked up at The Red Barn in Merrimac. Hours are Wednesday through Saturday 11:00 am – 3:00pm.
- Quilt top must contain both fabrics from the kit. You can use all or some of each fat quarter.
- Size – 24” x 36” minimum. If you want to go bigger – great!
- The quilt top must have the embellishment placed on it. It can be easily removed when the top is ready to be quilted. Entries do not have to be quilted.
- All entries will be anonymous.
- Email me a picture of your quilt top.
- I will email you a secret code to identify your quilt. I will maintain a spreadsheet of all entries.
- Start date will be February 19th. End date will be April 19th.
- Quilts will be judged on best use of color, best overall design, and best visual impact.
- Gift certificates will be awarded to the winner of each category.
- Judges will review the entries with results by April 30th.
- Judges will only see a picture of your quilt and your secret code.
- Please no posts on social media until after the results are in.
- If you want to participate, please call (number available on membership list) or email me to let me know if you would like your kit mailed or if you’re going to pick it up at the Red Barn.
- Challenge is limited to MVQ members only.
Gift certificates for the winner in each category have been generously provided by Red Barn Sewing & Yarn Center, Compass Point Quilts and Shabby Fabrics/Anonymous Donor
During these long cold days of winter, it is time to create something fun! It’s gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day!