Our Celestial Interlude quilt is going on her first road trip of 2022.
We need people to sit at the table and sell raffle tickets at the
New England Quilt Expo
Best Western Hotel Portsmouth, Interstate Traffic Circle, 580 US-1, Portsmouth, NH
Friday and Saturday, April 8th and 9th from 10:00-6:00 and
Sunday, April 10th from 10:00-3:00.
Most shifts will be 3 hours each and signup will be online at SignUpGenius.com.
The last ’sitters’ of this day will need to take down the quilt and move it into the Expo Hall to be locked securely for the night. First sitters will need to retrieve and set up our site in the entry. Money bags will be provided in advance to first sitters. The last sitter should bring home the money bag for the day and make arrangements with Betty to hand over the bag.
FYI – This is a vendors expo, not a quilt show. For more information about the event, visit https://bnpquilts.com/collections/neqe-2022.
For additional information or answers to questions, contact:
Betty Hastings or Judy Naylor
Hi, the March MVQ Newsletter has been posted.
It’s the time of the year to begin looking for nominations for the Executive Board. There are 5 positions, President, Vice President, Secretary, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. This is your chance to help the guild and become involved with the decisions to move towards the future.
The President, Vice President, Secretary, and Accounts Payable are all incumbents. Accounts Receivable term is up and will need to be filled.
The slate for the nominations must be complete by April 14th to be presented at the April Guild meeting. Elections will be held by Electronic E-Mail (with a few mailed ballots) to be tallied electronically for the May Guild meeting announcement and installations will be at the June Guild meeting.
Please consider volunteering for our group in one of these five positions. You would have plenty of guidance from all the members. If you wish to be nominated for any of these positions, please let one of the Nominating Committee members know your intentions. Nominations must be in the written form, notes, or emails, not just a verbal yes.
You may contact the nominating committee or Lynette Pisani for additional information regarding the duties of the positions.
Last year’s challenge was Bright Sunshiny Day. So, for this year’s challenge, it needs to be about stars. How many star quilt blocks are there? Well, let me tell you there are literally hundreds. Google told me this. Then, taking it a little further, how many quotes, stories, songs are there about stars? The answer is a lot! Who recognizes some of these?
Star of the day who will it be?
Starry Starry Night
A Star is Born
When you wish upon a star
Star crossed lovers – Did you know this was written by Shakespeare?
This year’s challenge goes like this:
- The theme is Stars
- Everyone will receive ¼ yard of fabric. There will be 4 different colorways of the same print. I will randomly send you one of the colorways. I would ask you not to share which one you receive. It will be much more fun to see each one when all the entries are revealed on Facebook. If you need to purchase extra material, the fabric line is Ombre Fairy Dust Metallic by Vanessa Christenson for Moda. I purchased this from Shabby Fabrics. There are several online shops that carry it.
- For your quilt, please select a star block pattern using the fabric you receive. Indulge yourself on how you want to add to the star block.
- When you submit your entry, please include a few sentences which say why you chose/inspired the star block. I will include this when submitting to the judges. Anonymously of course.
- Size – 24” x 36” minimum. If you want to go bigger – great!
- Entries do not have to be quilted.
- All entries will be anonymous.
- Email me a picture of your quilt top.
- I will email you a secret code to identify your quilt. I will maintain a spreadsheet of all entries.
- Start date will be March 1st. End date will be May 10th.
- Quilts will be judged on best use of color, best overall design, and best visual impact.
- There is a possibility that challenge entries will be hung in this year’s quilt show. I will let everyone know after I talk with this year’s Quilt Show Chair. Stay tuned.
- Gift certificates will be awarded to the winner of each category.
- Judges will review the entries with results by May 17.
- Judges will only see a picture of your quilt, your secret code and why you chose/inspired your star block.
- Please no posts on social media until after the results are in.
- If you want to participate, please call or email me to let me know. I will mail or drop off your fabric.
Gift certificates for the winner in each category have been generously provided by Red Barn Sewing & Yarn Center, Compass Point Quilts, and Shabby Fabrics/Anonymous Donor
I am looking forward to receiving your beautiful entries!
Hi Everyone: The Feb, 2022 MVQ Newsletter has been posted.