Lots of excitement at last night’s meeting:
- New President- who was so efficient at keeping things on time! great Job, Liz!
- Many new members- Diane D. took them all under her loving wing!
- Extraordinary donations to Comfort Quilts and Raffle Baskets- Dianne K. took several trips with the little red wagon!
- Delicious sundaes from Cows Rock- Thanks Lyn! [Glad Maggie and I were seated in the back so got to be one of the first in line!] Ruth C and Sheila also know the benefits of last row seating!
- Absolutely stunning new Raffle Quilt- so many members should take credit!
- Show and Tell on a higher plane- great viewing!
- And then:Jane Hamel- Storyteller Extraordinaire – got me thinking I need to get to know the mailman better!
- Thanks to Ronni and her wonderful program and organizing skills!- Please someone step up to help her!!!
I applaud you all!! Pat Lucey
There’s less than 2 weeks before our quilt show! We have lots of things that are needed and we need your help.
- Please make a quilt to donate to our charity project, Maris Center in Salisbury, which houses women in transition and will gladly accept quilts of any size.
- Please make a small item for the Silent Auction. All of the Silent Auction revenue will be donated to Pettengill House. This charity provides food for the hungry in our community.
- Please bring fat quarters, American Girl outfits and lottery tickets to the meeting so that we can prepare those items for the penny raffle.
- White Elephant items and completed raffle baskets will be accepted at the meeting on the 21st and on the morning of Thursday the 28th during setup.
This is a reminder that our next general meeting will be this Thursday, September 21, 2017 from 7 – 9 pm. Social hour starts at 6 pm.
The Sew and Know table will demonstrate “How to Bag Your Quilt” for the Quilt Show during happy hour.
Please remember to wear your nametag to be eligible for a door prize.
Bring your membership application and dues, if you have not turned them in yet.
For the Quilt Show bring in your comfort quilts. We also need lottery tickets, fat quarters, American Girl items and silent auction items.
Penny raffle baskets and white elephant stuff can be brought to the meeting too if the members can’t bring them to the Thursday morning set up.
The New Raffle Quilt will travel to Nashua to the Connection festival.
Please sign up to sit at the Raffle Quilt table at the September meeting.
If you are a new member or a member who didn’t get to June meeting – please grab a piece of the green fabric and the printed instructions to make something for our December holiday gathering.
Also a reminder our charity donations that night at December meeting will be for Newborns In Need. So use these next 3 months to either make something- knitted or crocheted items, burp cloths, bibs, etc or purchase items like baby soaps, powders, lotions, wipes etc. or shop the clearance section of stores for little outfits Thank you. Any questions contact Gail Wozniak
The September Newsletter is now online. Go to the NEWSLETTER tab and Click on September 2017.
Send your membership form into Diane Desjardins before the September meeting so you don’t have to wait in line. As of today, only 70 members have renewed. We can do better than this.
Membership form can be found on the web/blog