(as written in the By-Laws)
- The President shall preside at all Executive Committee meetings, Board meetings and monthly membership meetings of MVQ. The President shall also:
- set immediate goals for the current year and address issues with long-term implications,
- define standing committees for the current year with approval of the Executive Committee, per Article VII A,
- ensure that one (1) representative for each standing committee is appointed to the Board and understands the responsibilities of their committee,
- make appointments to fill Board vacancies,
- be an ex-officio member of all committees,
- ensure that the Bylaws are enforced and amended as needed.
- The Vice-President shall preside at all Executive Committee meetings, Board meetings and monthly membership meetings of MVQ in the absence of the President. The Vice-President shall also:
- be responsible for community service and charity projects,
- purchase door prizes for general membership meetings,
- verify account balances of the monthly Treasurer’s report, and
- assist the President, as requested.
- The Secretary shall take minutes at all Executive Committee meetings, Board meetings and monthly membership meetings of the MVQ. The Secretary shall also:
- have general membership meeting minutes included in the next month’s newsletter,
- shall file the “Annual Report” and “Certificate of Change of Directors” forms with the Secretary of the Commonwealth as required by law.
- pick up MVQ correspondence from the post office box and distribute it,
- write correspondence for MVQ,
- maintain a file of all Board business and essential records and
- send special mailings to the membership, if required
- The Treasurers shall be MVQ’s general collecting, disbursing and accounting officers and shall be responsible for maintaining MVQ’s books and accounts. Specifically, the Treasurers shall:
- arrange for signature cards with the bank,
- sign all checks,
- reconcile the Guild’s accounts monthly,
- deposit checks and pay invoices promptly,
- ensure that liability insurance is renewed each year,
- prepare the Treasurer(s)’s Report for every Board meeting,
- prepare a year-end Financial Report and provide a summary of this report to the members-at-large at the first meeting of the year, with monthly updates throughout the year.
- prepare the appropriate information and provide it to a consultant who will ensure all required tax/financial forms are filed in a timely fashion and
- at the conclusion of the Treasurer’s(s) term of office, a “Compilation” will be performed on the financials.