About 20 members of MVQ gathered at the Franciscan Guest House for the Spring retreat.
Unfortunately, the organizer, Kathy Pearse was unable to make as her husband got sick.
We worked on large quilts, small quilts, place mats, raffle quilts, tote bags, baby quilts, paper pieced quilts, quilts using fabric from nephew’s boxer shorts, a quilt inspired by paper bags! Some of us brought our entire sewing room, others had cut out ready to assemble quilts. It was all inspiring!
Topics of conversations ranged from Zombies to children, husbands, family, movies and of course, the guild.
In this vein, You will be receiving an e-mail containing a questionnaire that might give all members a better insight into what you ,as a member, expect from the guild. It will remain anonymous.
There will be a basket at the rear at the April Meeting.
All opinions are valued. Thank You.
- Linsey Woolsey Quilt Guild of Attleboro, MA, May 3rd & 4th ” “Something Old Something New VI””
- Miniature quilt challenge exhibition on April 4th and 5th at the Peabody Historical Society.
- Quinobequin Quilters Quilt Show Friday, March 28, 10 am to 8 pm
Saturday, March 29, 10 am to 4 pm
Needham Masonic Lodge
1101 Highland Ave, Needham , MA
(one mile from Exit 19B off Rt. 95)
- Quinobequin Quilters Annual Auction – proceeds to benefit the New England Quilt Museum:
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
7:00 – Viewing, 7:30 – Let the Auction begin!
At the Wellesley Community Center, 219 Washington St, Wellesley, MA
Betty Hastings has organized and hung over 30 quilts at the Georgetown Library.
Several members of MVQ are included: ,Maggie Judd, Mary Ginn, Terry Pallardy & Pat Lucey.
Exhibit is free- all through December.
They are hung in the lobby, second floor and the Children’s room.
MVQ, again, was well represented at “A Quilters Gathering” in Manchester NH this weekend:
- Mary Ginn- “Thank You Kaffe” – quilted by Carrie Zizza
- Ann Hockmeyer – ” Phaeton’ s Star” – quilted by CarrieZizza
- Ruth Martineau – “Harvest Time” and “October”, quilted by Carrie Zizza
- Jane-Lee Santeusanio – “Hali Hahiki – long-arm by Janet-Lee
Anniversary Challenge Quilts:
- Ruth Martineau – “Desiderata”
- Carol Sullivan – “Flowers Regathered”
Dianne S. Hire Class Invitational Exhibit : No boundaries
- Janice Jones _ “Congo” and “Warrior”
Congratulations to All! MVQ is a very talented group!
Anne Hockemeyer won “Best of Show at the Topsfield Fair!!! WEll deserved! Also award winners: Nancy Karp, Judy Lynn and Paula Spraque.
MVQ has talent!