I have thoroughly enjoyed chairing the quilt show so when the 2018 show came to a close I started thinking ahead to next year. Firstly a big thank you to the following members who have said they will return to help me in 2019: Wenonah Schwedler, Linda Lydecker, Heather Shields, Ann Hockmeyer, Pat Lucey, Maggie Judd, Bev Knapp, Marianne Karp, Elaine Rando, Carrie Zizza, Stacey Caruso, Patti Gregg, Cathy Harnish, Jane Hamel, Angie Cyr, Gail Wozniak, Betty Hastings and Judy Naylor. Also, thank you to Diane Kelley and Pat McBride who have volunteered though not been given an assignment yet. Key positions that still need filling are vendors and special exhibit.
Here are some reminders for the 2019 show:
- Special Exhibit: In 2019 we’ll be off projects from our programs in the last two years that are wall hanging size and smaller. If you have participated in any of the following classes please complete your project and consider submitting.
- Christine Wickert – silk floral applique pillow
- Carol Robinson – Collages
- Pam Weeks – Stings and Bits, Fun with Scrap Quilts
- Rose Ann Hunter – Wool Pincushions and Knitted Confetti Bag
- Bonnie Lyn McCaffery – Painted face for Beginners
- RaNae Merrill – Free Motion Mastery in a Month and Mandala
- Sue Pelland – Hope’s Diamond
- Carrie Zizza – Machine Quilting
- David Sirota – Paper Pieced Storm at Sea Wall Hanging, No Tears
- Linda Hahn – New York Beauty Simplified
- Alison Wilbur – Hand and Machine Sachiko
- Kathy Graves – Wedding Ring using the quick curve ruler
Our Ruby Celebration in 2020 has a lot members thinking ahead. While I was on retreat Barbara Ward and Roseann Ricketson volunteered to take on the Ruby Challenge. They are excited and have some wonderful ideas. I would also like to remind members that all show quilts except mini’s will be required to have sleeves. Thank you all.